"But Mom": Two of the most dreadful words in the English language

Monday, March 7, 2011

The Unfairness of Being Sick

There are not very many things in this life that I view as unfair: Abuse of all kinds; teachers giving your child homework that is so hard YOU are going to have to do it (or worse, it's too hard for even YOU to do!); Pregnancy and birth...but that is another post all together that I know you can't WAIT for me to publish :); and being a mom who is sick.

Getting sick...I cringe at the thought.  When The Artist gets sick, he takes time off of work and stays in bed all day while I try to keep the kids quiet.

When I get sick, I still have to get out of bed.  I have to make breakfast, even though the very thought of food makes me want to vomit.  I have to get 3-energetic children dressed and ready for the day.  Then I have to entertain said energetic children...which more often than not means I turn the tv on for them and lay on the couch trying to sleep.  I have to make lunch, snacks, dinner for my family.  And don't forget that EVERY time I sit down for a second, someone needs something: more food, help getting their button undone to go potty, more food, a drink, more food, help getting some sort of toy down from on high, more food...hey, I've got two growing boys and a little girl who could eat those boys under the table!

It's all very exhausting.

This weekend however, was a little different.  I got sick on a Friday and was sick all weekend.  It was wonderful...I mean horrible. It was horrible. I was really sick.  "Couldn't get out of bed for 2 full days" sick.  BUT, it was a Saturday.  The Artist was home.  I could sleep.  It was also on a Sunday.  Usually Sundays are crazy busy, but this Sunday was Stake Conference...if you're LDS, you know what that means...The Artist was home.  I could sleep.  I hated losing my weekend to sickness, but if a mom is going to be sick, I think this is the way to go!

I'm going to have to remember this...getting sick is strictly reserved for Saturdays and Sundays.  Hmmmm, I like it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment